To cook fish in infrared grill is the most experimental and exciting activity to do. Grilled fish is so yummy although some people may despise it. Thus being the best chef depends on how you do it! Fish can be spiced up with naturally ground herbs like coriander, cumin seeds, cloves, black pepper, ginger and also lemon slices.
To grill fish there are steps that need to be followed. These include;
- Scaling the fish and removing innards and gills
This involves removing of scales. This activity is best done outside the house since scales are light and will tend to fly all over. A knife can be used for this purpose while you rub the fish against it.
Then the fish innards are removed using a kitchen shear it. This is also known as gutting. The fish belly is cut and the innards are removed.
It is also important to trim the fish fins so that they don’t burn while grilling.
- Stuffing the fish body cavity with natural herbs such as coriander, cloves, cumin, pepper, salt and also some lemon cut slices. This will enable it to absorb the ingredients in the spices making it taste so sweet.
Cut slits in the side of the fish to enable it cook well.
Put cooking oil around the fish and ensure that it covers the whole of it and then sprinkle enough salt. Set the grill and ensure its red hot, and put cooking oil on the cooking grids so that you don’t get messy results by your fish sticking on it.
- To cook fish on infrared grill you need to ignite the infrared burner, close the hood and allow it to preheat for 3-4 minutes and open the hood. Add more oil to the cooking grids to ensure that your fish does not stick.
Put the fish inside the grill and close the door. Turn the heat into low .let the side of the fish first cook for 10minutes without disturbing it -piercing or moving it since it will lose flavor and start sticking on the grates. Cautiously turn the fish on an elevated grate using a large spatula.
- Carefully turn the fish. More precaution needs to be taken here so that you don’t separate the fish into parts. Close the lid and increase the heat to medium and allow it to grill for another 10 minutes. Turn off the grill and remove the fish using a large spatula.
- Garnish the fish.Grilled fish can have a different taste altogether which some people May not like it .so more flavor needs to be added to make it more delicious. You need to prepare some vegetable salads so that it can be served with it.
- Serve it. Start by lifting the top part first, and then hold the tail and lift it up and the backbone will pull out revealing the bottom part.
Most people don’t like to cook fish in infrared grill because they may find the procedure tedious and demanding. Grilled fish on the bones is so sweet and delicious because the meat will be compact and full of flavor. If one gives a try to this you enjoy and your families will always want some more grilled fish.